Filmopoli

Elena Tarsi

Abstract


Filmopoli was called the city in 1914, the same year of the masterpiece of Giovanni Pastrone Cabiria, whit the collaboration of D’Annunzio. Torino was at that time the capital of the cinematographic industry in Italy. Two world wars changed a lot the economy of the country and the relationship between reality and movies: the look of cinema goes directly to the city and the industry of realism production moved to Rome. Torino in the cinematographic imaginary is the city of Fiat but from ninety she is trying to propose a new face: the city of cinema. The Mole, the most important building and the symbol of the city is from 2000 The National Museum of Cinema.

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.13128/1971-6249%2F2250



Firenze University Press
Borgo Albizi, 28 - 50122 Firenze
Tel. (0039) 055 2757700 Fax (0039) 055 2757712
E-mail: journals@fupress.com